Social Media Coordinator
Hive Media Group connects audiences with fun and thought-provoking content across our large portfolio of digital brands. We’re driven by our desire to entertain and educate audiences interested in entertainment, parenting, pets, astrology, history, and everything in-between. Members of our social media team each manage the social media and email distribution of at least one of our owned and operated digital brands and publications.
For this position on our social media team, we’re looking for someone to execute the social media strategy of social media properties that are principally about the humorous tribulations of life as a young dad today. Our Dad Patrol brand deals with everything from dad jokes to memes about white New Balances or dealing with a full-on, up-the-back diaper blowout.
Our ideal candidate is funny, creative, and data-driven. We’re focusing on TikTok and short video length content this year so our ideal candidate is also somebody excited to get in front of the camera and interested in script-writing. This role is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for social media and publishing who wants to grow in a fast paced and exciting company.
*****This is a full-time, in-house position in London, Ontario (During COVID-19 we will be WFH indefinitely, with plans to reopen the office in 2022) **Applicants must submit a cover letter/resume with your application to be considered**
- Contribute to social media strategy to increase revenue and grow the brand
- Schedule video and editorial content on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms
- Create original content including memes, social media thumbnails, Facebook and Instagram Reels, and TikToks
- Develop and track multivariate tests
- Monitor content performance through analytics tools
- Create social media calendar using social media listening tools and historical performance data
- Liaise with our editorial and video teams to provide meaningful feedback and content suggestions
Why Work for Hive Media?
- Social media expertise with an understanding of organic algorithms and digital marketing
- Ability to analyze social media KPIs to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to create content that resonates with audiences
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to execute a social media strategy that will include distribution on multiple platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok
- Proficient with social media tools such as Facebook Creator Studio
- Familiarity with digital advertising monetization and the distribution of digital content is a massive plus
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and data analysis
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other data analytics tools is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive wages
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan for Americans or Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) with company match for Canadians
- Paid Time Off
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement, and connection
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter parties.