Project Delivery Manager
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We're Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and nimble Project Delivery Manager with a proven record of managing a workflow in which every team member can do their best work to meet the common goal of project completion on-brief, on-time, and on-budget.
This role will oversee all aspects of the correlating department sprints that we aim to complete in a one week cadence. The primary responsibility of this position is to forecast and schedule the task delivery of ongoing projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be one who can bring an empathetic perspective into a day of negotiating tasks, people, and time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize and facilitate weekly sprint planning and monitoring, daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, and other sprint-related initiatives for the eCommerce web development teams.
- Facilitate daily stand up meetings, ensuring all team members are set up for success.
- Responsible for prioritizing new requests and ensuring alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison between the production and management teams. Working closely with development managers, tech leads, project managers, and the delivery and operations directors.
- Work with fellow traffic managers to coordinate the timing of tasks of web builds as they move through discovery, design, development, and marketing.
- Act as the ring-leader of internal communication, leading transparency, and access to information across the organization involving project workflow.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of requested/prioritized project tasks and appropriately considers sequencing, timing, dependencies, etc.
- Identify barriers and seek clarity of requested tasks to help clear roadblocks, and/or to identify potential alternative solutions (in collaboration with the development manager) to keep the tasks moving.
- Manage overall resource utilization and produce forecasting reports for accurate and cost-efficient scheduling.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, and continuous monitoring of the sprint process. Identify challenges and areas of improvement to optimize workflow.
- As part of the Delivery Operations team this role will also be responsible for the opening of new projects.
- Your day will start by ensuring all team members’ days are set up for success, this may require start times earlier than 9am.
Knowledge, Education, & Experience Required
- 1-3 years' experience being scrum master/traffic manager (or equivalent) on multiple teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different departments, different cultures).
- Knowledge of web development, specifically Magento/Shopify eCommerce is preferred.
- Skills required in:
- Communication: maturity and clarity
- Flexible in character
- Problem solving
- Work as part of a team
- Project management software
- Proficient with G-Suite tools.
- Advanced Excel reporting capabilities for building, tracking, and analyzing data.
- Experience working with multiple teams and stakeholders across organizations.
- Proven ability to apply creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness to daily work
- Experience in an agency setting is considered an asset
- Scrum Master is considered an asset
- PMP/CAPM is considered an asset
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position