Software Development Consultant
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Software Development Consultant
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Are you a senior software developer with strong Leadership and Communication skills looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Global Corporate Technology is looking for a Software Development Consultant to join our team.
The Software Development Consultant is responsible for leading the development of software products and integrated solutions, acting as a high-level decision maker, and oversees and determines aspects of the lifecycle from design choices to technical best practices in collaboration with Architecture. This role provides thought leadership by acting as a technical development lead for a large program or portfolio. This role applies their advanced, specialized knowledge to work on strategic, complex, ambiguous programs that are typically long term with substantial business impact and involves overseeing technical leadership across multiple initiatives. This role leads the work to implement solutions that may require the modification of systems and products, sometimes requiring significant departures from traditional approaches to develop solutions. Further, as a senior member of the team, the individual will champion and contribute to the development of standards, tools, processes and best practices.
What you will do:
- Champions the overall development effort for the Portfolio/program product lifecycle(s)
- Takes technical responsibility over assigned software products and code bases
- Coordinates holistic development solutions that can be used and/or re-used across development teams and projects
- Ensures designs and specifications are in alignment with performance requirements and standards
- Supports the technical troubleshooting and incident management to resolve complex problems
- Champions and leads test-driven approaches across teams.
- Oversees the management of resourcing over a large body of work crossing multiple projects or initiatives
- Takes an active role in release and environment management
- Assists with testing strategies and transition to production
What you will bring:
- A University or College education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience as a Developer
- 5 years of experience leading large, global development teams responsible for building and delivering complex solutions
- SAP HANA, ETL, .NET skills and experience
- Strong communication skills with an ability to motivate
- Customer focus and strong relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and working within ambiguous situations
- Effective time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job online