Voices is the #1 online marketplace for sourcing and hiring voice over talent and has been rated as one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in Canada. Voices offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company.
Product Owners are tech-savvy pioneers, keen to solve the immediate problems facing our customers, while simultaneously identifying and championing to solve the problems of tomorrow. At Voices we start by understanding customer problems and develop cutting-edge products that serve their needs. Product Owners are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to re-imagine the way a marketplace interacts – delivering experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
As a Product Owner at Voices, you will execute the product vision driven by the Product Manager and work with the scrum team day to day to successfully deliver on the product roadmap, aligning technical requirements with business objectives. The Product Owner’s granular focus will be planning for builds, writing user stories, product bug management, backlog management, tactile delivery of roadmap items and current sprint prioritization.
As a member of the “Connect” team, you will work on amazing projects that directly influence our customers. You will contribute to key areas of the platform including; search, browse, job post, collaboration, and purchasing experiences - while increasing conversion by optimizing pricing recommendations and as well as enhancing our matching algorithms.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand – and contribute to – the product roadmap
- Translate the roadmap and high-level requirements into actionable user stories.
- Define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the scrum team, ensuring they meet acceptance criteria.
- Own the backlog - continuously groom the backlog to triage and prioritize problems and opportunities according to business value or ROI.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the end-to-end customer experience to ensure that PRDs, user stories and acceptance criteria are well crafted and easily understood.
- Understand the product vision and communicate ‘the why’ effectively to key stakeholders and the scrum team. Inspire and motivate the development team to deliver innovative solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Work closely with the scrum team on a day-to-day basis, participate in daily standups, requirements handoffs, sprint planning, demos & sprint retrospective meetings.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Maintain our Project Management tools (Asana, JIRA, Confluence) with accurate dates, relevant information, and key updates.
- Test new products and enhancements before release to ensure Definition of Done.
- Monitor post-release user feedback to prioritize bugs, improvements and investigate user concerns with the development team.
- 1-3 years of experience in the IT/Product sector: implementing digital projects, writing user stories and requirements for IT related solutions.
- CSPO or similar considered an asset.
- Experience working with AI and ML an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, to analyze product performance data, and impact of any changes.
- Passion for digital technology, SaaS based software and/or online marketplace solutions.
- Interested in developing end-user focused solutions, innovation, and technology.
- Ability to make things happen, results-oriented, and passionate to attack market problems.
- Outstanding communication and consensus building skills. You are also comfortable taking ownership of projects and making decisions.
- Ability to dig into problems without direct supervision, and raise opportunities within the product team for backlog consideration.
- Experience working with product management tools such as Asana, JIRA and Confluence (or similar). Basic familiarity with modern design systems and tools like Sketch, Zeplin (or similar).
- The Voices office is located in London, ON; however, remote work options are available
- There is a requirement of minimum 1 day in office per week and a requirement of the candidate living 2-3 hours from London, ON
How Voices is supporting our colleagues through the pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday March 16th
- We hold virtual Huddle every Monday and a quarterly Rally
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices thanks all candidates in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.