This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Location: London , ON
Term: 12 months
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, this position is responsible for providing software and software documentation for systems of varying size and complexity. Specifically, the Software Engineering Co-op will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Development software in a CMMI ML2 managed process environment as a member of the software team
- Test, debug and improve code
- Analyze new requirements
- Investigate new technologies, research, design and write new software programs
- Write technical documentation
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team, assisting and advising on technical matters as required.
- C development experience is a must
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly, accurately and eloquently in English
The following qualities would be advantageous:
- Working towards a degree in Software engineering, Computer engineering.
- Experience working with hardware at the PCB level
- Event-driven Win32 programming experience
- Professional software development experience using the above technologies
- Ability to document the design architecture prior to coding
- Efficient self-motivator with a proven ability to prioritize multiple streams of work and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail in all phases of software development and testing
- Web development
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.