This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St Thomas, ON
||Jul 23, 2021
||$55,392 ~ $67,935 Per Year
|Public transit accessible:
INFORMATION SYSTEMS COORDINATOR
SCOPE OF JOB:
Responsible for help desk support for agency workers and administration of the Computer Network, Phone Systems, Printers and any other communication tools. This position is outside of the Bargaining Unit.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma or degree from a recognized College or University in an IT related field;
- Minimum three years of experience in a network administration or help desk role;
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Server Active Directory, IPhones, File Sharing, Printer Sharing, Computer Hardware;
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server, Office 365, Antivirus Software, MS Exchange, Terminal Services, Cloud Services, VPN Software;
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and Office Suite;
- Good working knowledge of IP Phone Systems;
- Good working knowledge of Cisco routers or similar firewall devices;
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and related technologies such as VLANs, DHCP, DNS and Routing;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Sound problem-solving skills and judgment;
- Ability to work independently in a unique role in the organization;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, take initiative in solving problems and maintain positive working relationships;
- The nature of this position requires flexible working hours;
- Sensitivity to and awareness of issues facing First Nations, Inuit and Métis (FNIM) people;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Anti-Oppressive Practice; and
- A valid G driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle.
- Respond promptly to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or remote access software;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues;
- Provide training and support to employees as required;
- Identify and escalate problems requiring urgent attention;
- Proactively identify and resolve, if possible, future issues; and
- Keep up to date on all CAS software such as Child Protection Information Network (CPIN).
- Install, configure and maintain network workstations, laptops and servers;
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly backups run smoothly;
- Monitor event logs, antivirus software and windows updates;
- Maintain physical server room and network security;
- Document, revise and maintain network and server infrastructure;
- Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment, software and licenses;
- Perform applicable software updates as necessary;
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of IT Policies;
- Setup and troubleshoot printers and copiers;
- Setup, maintain and troubleshoot corporate cell phones;
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference; and
- Maintain and upgrade skills and knowledge relating to areas of responsibility as approved by the Information Systems Manager.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
Responsibility to work safely:
- Participate in agency staff meetings, team meetings, regular supervision, and agency and professional training; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Organizational and Office setting;
- Familiarize and work in compliance with Health and Safety policies, procedures and training for safety and protection as required by the Agency and by law OHSA s.28(1)(a);
- Share in the responsibility for promoting safe work practices at all times;
- Take action, where possible, to remedy actual known or identified safety hazards;
- Notify management of the existence known potential or actual safety hazards OHSA s. 28(1)(c)(d);
- Use protection equipment and protective devices as required OHSA s. 28(1)(b); and
- Report all workplace injuries/illnesses and incidents (including incidents of workplace violence and harassment).
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUME: August 9, 2021
Qualified applicants should submit their resumes to:
Family & Children’s Services St. Thomas and Elgin
Attention: Shelley Wright
“Family and Children’s Services of St. Thomas and Elgin is committed to a barrier-free, respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those applicants with disabilities.
Please inform Human Resources in advance should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.”
Thank you for your interest in our organization.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Moderate degree of moderate contact and interactions;
- Multiple competing priorities with moderate levels of interruption;
- Moderate levels of mental concentration;
- Minor levels of disagreeable working conditions experienced on a frequent basis;
- Sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs;
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting light items as well as heavy items such as computer equipment;
- Travel between office locations will be required;
- Fine manual dexterity required to use digital devices and related tools, as well as coarse dexterity associated with lifting computer components as needed; and
- Ability to work flexible working hours, outside of regular business hours and overtime as required.